What is TIDAL Connect?
TIDAL Connect allows you to stream your favorite music seamlessly from the cloud straight to your connected devices. TIDAL Connect makes it possible for us to deliver the music you want to hear, uninterrupted and without any loss in quality, to your preferred hardware. Other casting technologies have limitations around the quality of the audio you are hearing.
How do I use TIDAL Connect?
- Option 1: Open the EC Play app and press on Tidal Connect at the Browse screen ( Tidal App has to be preinstalled on your device.)
Option 2: In the TIDAL app, open the "Now Playing" screen while playing a song.
2. On the “Now Playing” screen, look for the icon.
3. Choose a TIDAL Connect enabled device from the list. It’s that simple.
What do I need in order to use TIDAL Connect with Electrocompaniet?
- One of the EC products with the EC software engine.
- You have to make sure your Tidal app version is on or above: iOS: v2.16.0 or Later. Android: v2.32.0 or Later and your EC software engine device firmware version is v 2.20.0 or above. You also must update the EC play App to v.1.6.0 or above.
- Your mobile device needs to be on the same network as your EC device.
Can I use TIDAL Connect with Premium subscription or do I need to have a HiFi subscription?
You can use it with either subscription, but please note that the highest quality is HIGH on a Premium subscription.
Can I play on my speaker or streamer at home even when I am away?
No, you need to be on the same Wifi/network with the chosen audio device.
Can I play music on my desktop app from my mobile app?
At the moment, you can’t control your desktop app, but this feature is coming soon! Check tidal.com for updates.
Can I use TIDAL Connect to play my offline content on my speakers?
No, when you are in offline mode, we assume you have no access to your Wifi/internet network.