Firmware Update Procedure
- A computer running Windows 7, 8, or 10 equipped with a standard USB Type-A port. Only 64-bit versions of Windows are supported.
- A USB type-A to mini-B cable
- The latest firmware downloaded from the firmware download section.
Firmware naming convention:
The firmware name is made up of a revision number and a build number as the following example shows: eci80_1.01b19.zip
In this example 1.01 is the revision number, and 19 is the build number. The build number may contain up to four digits (0 to 9999).
- Download the latest firmware and unpack the zipped file to a local folder on your Windows computer.
- Power up the ECI 80D by pressing the standby button, and connect the USB cable from your computer to the service port on the back of the ECI 80D. When connected the display will show the text "USB UPDATE" and display the current firmware revision.
- In Windows double click the file "Run Firmware Update.bat". A new command window will open and the new firmware will start downloading to the ECI 80D. Progress is shown in the command window and in the ECI 80D display.
- When the firmware download is complete the ECI 80D display will show the text "UNPLUG USB". Please make sure that the ECI 80D remains powered on when unplugging the USB cable as the critical firmware update process will take place just after unplugging. When ready, unplug the cable and wait for the ECI 80D to restart.
- Close the command window by activating it in Windows and press a key, or by clicking the X in the top-right corner.
Display current firmware revision:
To display the currently active firmware revision, keep both volume UP and volume DOWN buttons pressed at the same time, and then press the standby button.